Wednesday 1 March 2017

Life After Sight Loss - a poem by Carol

Carol
I've never had any sight
So I can’t say what's wrong or right
When I was little I pretended a lot
I wanted to be just like the other lot
I tried not to show my pain
It was hard then to accept my fate
Sometimes alone I would cry
In their own way my family would try
Eventually I coped pretty well
Being total wasn't the same
A little sight made such a difference
Even if it was a pittance
Magnifiers and strange looking things
For us totals anything that talks or sings
To be like the others I craved so much
Anything around me I loved to touch
Now I am used to being like this
For me with no sight
There's nothing to miss

1 comment:

  1. That's lovely Carol. Everybody is different and unique. The world would be a very boring place if they weren't. Thank you for sharing this with us. You're photo is lovely as well. Xx

    ReplyDelete