Friday 1 December 2017

Talking bathroom scales - Graham

Graham
The equipment centre at Mappin Street is brilliant as there is a wide selection of products to examine and often test to see if a product is going to help with your specific needs.

I have recently been told by my doctor to 'lose weight', something my wife has been telling me for a while but the problem is motivation and it is also a faff to ask someone to look at the bathroom scale for you every time you get weighed.

Last month I decided to buy one of the 'talking bathroom scales' available from SRSB. Priced at just under £30 it isn't as cheap as a non-talking equivalent, but it tells you your weight a few seconds after standing on it. There's no switching it on or anything, just stand on it and it says "hello". I say "hello" back, not wanting to be impolite, and then it gives me my weight in either stones and pounds or kilograms.

My wife was a bit sceptical about whether I would use it, but in fact, both her and me now get weighed every morning before breakfast and have been drawn into a slimming competition. This is all in good spirit and a bit tongue in cheek but as a result we are both losing weight. I have already lost at least a quater of a stone and my blood pressure has reduced.

Needless to say, I highly recommend the talking bathroom scales so I thought I would share this with you.

Graham with the talking bathroom scales

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Graham! Ha ha - I always sat hello back too!

    ReplyDelete